Friday, September 16, 2011

The soul’s confusion

When my mother died in 2008, I couldn’t reach home before the cremation because of the distance. As is the custom, an oil lamp used to be lit in the morning and at dusk. The day I reached, the flame was wavering too much and great care had to be taken to see that it was not put off. The reasons were thought to be the running fan, open window and door.

I got the feeling that my mother’s soul was wandering here and there. It seemed there was some confusion. 

At the time of death, she was in the house of my younger brother. Her own house was in the adjacent compound. Five minutes walking distance away was another brother’s house. She used to be too much attached to this brother. Her soul was going around between the three houses.

As I was thinking about this, I got the message how to do the remedy. Next day early morning I got up and did as I was instructed. In the evening when the lamp was lit, it had a steady flame and it remained so for the remaining days. All other conditions were same, the fan was running, the window and door were open. I could sense the calmness pervading in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment