Thursday, October 3, 2019

Peace transmission from a thread

 Being sensitive to the energy vibrations, I am not comfortable anybody tying sacred thread on my wrist. The Universe brought an opportunity to make me realize that there can be exceptions. On 12th September 2019 during our trip to Myanmar, we visited Kyauk Ka Lat pagoda, which is a Buddhist temple in the Kayin State. Kyauk Ka Lat Pagoda balances on the peak of a limestone rock formation dominating the beautiful manmade lake located near the Mount of Zwegabin in Hpa-An. 

This pagoda defies all gravity rules.  The island is reached by a wooden footbridge and visitors are permitted to reach as high as a shrine halfway up the outcrop.

The summit can only be reached by a precarious wooden ladder. The complex at Kyauk Ka Lat contains a number of structures, shrines, and temples. The temple complex is a place of meditation, an active monastery, and is open for tours.
When we reached the shrine half way up, I saw a pious monk sitting near a Jade Buddha. 

The dark green color of the Jade has a special attraction to me and after we paid obeisance, the monk took out some sacred threads and tied on our wrists. Then we enjoyed the view of the lake, mountains and another pagoda from there. 

As is my usual habit, I thought of cutting and removing the thread on reaching back the hotel, somehow I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I could feel some soothing waves permeating from the thread into my body. And it is still on my wrist, as of 3rd October.

Finally on 27th October on Diwali day, it was removed.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment