Sunday, October 16, 2011

The missing ear ring – 2

We were on a spiritual sojourn in a small place. After my bath one day, I noticed that one of my ear rings were missing. I went and searched thoroughly in the bath room first. I had put the washed clothes on a clothesline outside after the bath. With my husband I searched below the clothesline on the sand. We couldn’t find the missing ear ring.

To me, during a visit for spiritual purpose, it didn’t look appropriate to loose some gold. We didn’t mention this to our host any way. If I was destined to lose some gold, I had to lose it. Why should I disturb the host’s peace, that was my thought.

That night I got a dream. I saw a smiling Goddess who was holding a plate in her hand. I saw something shining on the plate and realized that it was my ear ring. She extended the plate towards me and then disappeared. On waking up I realized that it was a sign that I will get back my ear ring. So again I did a search in the bathroom and outside, to no avail!

Later I went to have my bath. The water had to be taken in the bucket and warmed with an immersion rod for bathing. I took some water in the bucket to clean it first, swirled it around, and was about to throw it into the drain when I noticed something shining at the bottom. Looking carefully, I saw the missing ear ring. I was so happy and later told the incident to the host. He was really amused to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment