Friday, November 4, 2011

Message for Bhagwat Gita


Once while I was on a visit to Kerala, I got a message that I should get a small Bhagwat Gita. We are in the habit of visiting book shops frequently, and we did the same in Kerala too. But since I had this specific item to buy, and I didn’t get it in the shop we went, we kept going to different shops on several days.
Regarding the ‘small Bhagwat Gita’, I had the impression that it may be a thin book of normal size. I kept going around numerous book shelves in search of that type of book. When the last day of our stay came, we visited the seventh book shop and here again my search was in vain. I was standing near the counter to pay for another book that was purchased. While just looking around, my gaze fell on a very small thick book. To my utter surprise, I saw that it was Bhagwat Gita, which was so small that it could fit inside my palm. So I bought it and started reading it daily.
The message that I got was clear - ‘small Bhagwat Gita’, but my interpretation was wrong. Instead of the palm size thick book, I was searching for a normal size thin book. In many other instances too I have found that interpretation is not that easy. This incidence also stressed the fact that one has to keep striving till the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment