Thursday, April 23, 2020

On the spiritual pathway...


There is a popular misconception that if you are spiritual, nothing bad will ever happen to you. Good or bad are the labels that we put on external occurrences. These can lead to ecstasy, deep sorrow and depression in ordinary people. One with roots in spirituality will not be carried away to both the extremes, that is the difference.
Along the spiritual path lies a lot of self work as we have accumulated vasanas like knots over many incarnations, and they need to be slowly untangled. I started my journey right from childhood and during the lockdown period I thought of hastening the process. Since it was totally stay at home, I thought that I got a golden opportunity to hasten my efforts. I strived to keep my mind on the higher dimensions through the day, to continuously chant mentally, to have virtual discussions with likeminded people and to do multiple meditations.
As I kept going deeper, it was like more and more inner rooms were opening up in the heart realm. Rooms filled with cobwebs, grime, dirt and darkness. The satisfaction derived after each one got cleansed was tremendous. As human beings it is our weakness to look for some validation that we are going in the right direction
After a few days of such practice I asked the Universe for a sign to confirm this while  I was burning the ghee lamp for my deity. Usually after it burns down completely, it looks somewhat like this;

But that day I was surprised and overjoyed to see a different pattern:

I saw the picture of heart, there was darkness in the center, but it was flowing out. Sooner or later a total cleansing and opening up of my heart realm is definitely going to happen. That assurance has made me strengthen my resolution to continue my efforts patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment