Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Getting Charged Up In The Forest


Deep into the forest

After attending the Hornbill Festival in Dandeli on 11th and 12th of February 2023, we decided to stay inside the forest for a day. After lunch at the festival venue, we drove down to the place of stay. The room had many netted windows overlooking the forest. The cool wind was blowing in and after the heavy lunch, the body was induced into a deep afternoon nap.  Such a rejuvenating nap!

Dusk and night in the lap of Nature

We went out and had some snack and tea, came back to the room and was ready to spend the time till our sleep watching the surrounding and   blending with Nature. The silence around was so therapeutic. I could hear the sound of falling dried leaves on the ground! Can you imagine how soothing it was to the inner space?

The lizard’s message

We decided to do meditation inside the room before going out to sit in the verandah late into the night. As I sat, I had a question in my mind and looked around for the answer (I am so used to this). And I spotted a huge lizard on the roof, and I got my answer. It was not the usual lizard we see in our houses. It was darker in color, the body was broader and the tail was a short one. Excitedly I showed it to my husband who noticed that it was not moving at all. He told it was dead, we watched it continuously for a good amount of time and saw absolutely no movement at all. I wanted to take its photograph, but he told since it is dead, we will do that in the morning (which I regretted badly later). We finished our meditation and then I looked up to find that the lizard had disappeared.

                                         This closely resembles the lizard we saw in the room

The Night out

We went into the verandah, pulled two chairs and watched the sky and surrounding. As I kept looking at the sky, in a clearance between the canopy of tree leaves, suddenly the aura of all those leaves appeared, moving from the outline of the leaves towards the central clearance. It was such a divine, elevating experience; I wish I could transfer that feeling to those who read this!

As it started becoming darker, stars began to appear in the sky. In a short time, the sky was totally star studded, hardly any clear space between the stars was seen. Then the moon came out. It was a half size moon, but it shone so bright. The moon light flooding the verandah resembled that of a full moon.

To supplement the experience, there was a cool breeze caressing our body and face, soaking us with pure, heavenly energy. We sat there to our heart’s content and then went inside to have a deep, peaceful sleep.

We were blessed with the view of a beautiful Sun rise in the morning.

Energies from the sea vs forest

It is our habit to go and spent time near the sea quite often. I felt that the way the body was energised and rejuvenated in the forest was different from the sea. The intellectual mind started analysing. When I sit and watch the sea for hours, it begins to energise my body from outer to inner layers. But in the forest, in one sweep, the body and mind are lifted to another dimension.

I have to mention another aspect too. When we are near the sea, we have access to the internet, but here, we were totally cut off from those external vibrations.  This is one thing I would like everyone to experience once in a while, to keep the divinity within you active!

No comments:

Post a Comment