Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Reaching Heights, Really?


Nearly three months back my husband told me that his friend’s friend is getting daily hormone injections for his son to increase height since two years. 





It shocked me because I am very wary of using long term allopathic medicines. Though they are great for emergency situations, taking them for prolonged time will definitely damage the liver, kidney, or both, even when it is a mild drug like paracetamol.

Anything that we put into our body has to be eliminated through kidneys and liver. Before they have cleared these toxic agents, if fresh doses reach every day, a point will come when they give up.

I can’t jeopardize my son’s future


When asked why he was doing this, he answered, “My wife and son believe that his great future will be jeopardized by his height, which is only 5'6".”

They met an endocrinologist two years back and he convinced them that daily hormone injections will make him taller. Each injection costs a thousand rupees. And, did the height increase dramatically after the treatment started?

“Hmm, a little.”

When he turned 18 years of age, they asked the endocrinologist whether it can be stopped due to the belief that boys don’t grow after that age. But the doctor again convinced them to continue it for a couple of years more.

Who predetermines the height?


I had a talk with the father and I told him that Hitler and Napoleon at 5'8" at 5'6" respectively were considered short and it didn’t stop them from becoming famous in their own ways.

I asked him, “If God has given him this height for this life time, are you going to fight with God?”

I actually know better than that, but he was not in a position to understand, so I had to put God there. Having done past life therapy for so many people, it is evident to me that as a soul, we decide how we are going to look during a life time, depending on the lessons we choose to experience in that life.

It became clear to me during a PLR session of an Italian girl. As she fixed her appointment for the session, I imagined a tall, well-built girl, and was surprised to see that she was no more than 5'2", with a small frame. As we went into a past life of hers, she was describing her appearance and she remarked with distinct disgust in her voice, “Oh, such a huge body!” Then I understood why she had opted for a smaller body that she has in this life time.

Trying to put some sense


We tried to make him understand two different aspects. After the age of 18, there is very little chance of further increase in height. Once good human qualities and leadership skills are developed, he can be successful in life and he needs to concentrate on those aspects.

Secondly, he has already been taking daily injections for two years and it may be risky to continue when the health of kidney and liver are considered. But he expressed his inability to overrule the decision of his wife and son.

Devastating result


Last week we met him and he had a sad news to convey. His son’s kidneys have started to fail. Now his visits to the nephrologist have started….

And I was taken aback to know that he is not considering stopping the hormone injections for height increase!

1 comment: