Thursday, August 4, 2016

A mother's care from Kalima

Rishikesh, August 2nd 2016. We travel around the world and have stayed in many exotic locations. But this room in the Ganga Blossom hotel here is the best stay of my life. Through the huge window of our room, I am looking directly at the flowing Ganges and the meditation opened up my Hridayakasa (Heart space). I could feel the Ganges water flowing down the walls of my inner space.



In the evening four o'clock we took a stride, and visited the Shri Bharat temple. It is the most sacred, most ancient and most famous temple situated in the heart of the city. Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya reinstalled the presiding deity of this temple in about 789 AD.

We were on our way to Triveni ghat when my daughter felt hungry. She didn't want to eat anything before witnessing the aarti at the ghat. While we were walking, we saw an old Kali temple and Kali being my deity since childhood, we entered the temple and spent some time. While we were about to leave, the pujari took some prasad, wrapped in a paper and gave to each one of us. Since two days we had visited many temples and this was the first time we got prasad to eat.

My daughter was so surprised that Kali Ma did some thing to satiate her hunger. Now we could spend time leisurely at the Triveni ghat before heading to enjoy awesome pani puri, aloo tikki and dahi vada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment