Monday, August 26, 2024

A Transformative Realization On The Spiritual Connection Between Body and Food

 

On the final day of our meditation retreat, we were invited to share our feedback. I expressed my gratitude to Swamini Vimalananda for providing such a profound experience. I mentioned that, after every spiritual course, I usually find myself ascending to a higher plane, eagerly anticipating what the next level of consciousness will bring.

A Day Before Janmashtami

That next level arrived yesterday, on August 25, 2024. I had prepared a special Sunday lunch of pav bhaji, and after we finished, I told my husband that my body was craving some curd, so I had a little. As I ate, I suddenly realized that it wasn’t my body that was craving the curd; it was the good bacteria in my gut, needing the curd to balance out the spices in the bhaji. In that moment, I entered a different realm of awareness.

I could no longer perceive my physical body in the way I had always understood it. We all know, at least theoretically, that the human body contains trillions of microorganisms, outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1. In terms of cell count, human cells make up only 43% of the body, while the rest are microscopic colonists. Although these microorganisms constitute only 1 to 3 percent of the body’s mass due to their small size, they play an essential role in our health. 

This realization, which came from deep within, has forever changed my life and my understanding of my own body. It will never be the same again.

The Transformative Realization

My relationship with food has always been unique. From childhood, I’ve viewed eating as a divine act and cooking as a form of spiritual practice. This meditation retreat has given me an invaluable gift, and my heart overflows with gratitude for the experience.




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment